05 October 2014

Worlds Apart...

Ok so the grand event (total hip replacement) is over .
A few things to share:
1. I'm glad it's over
2. I had a great surgeon
3. The mental and physical prep work helped
4.  I am thankful that Ken was here to help me, cause I think I was a pain in the ass for the first few days

Now reflection time and how to get back to recovery:
So despite I am recovering the world does not stop spinning, meaning work moves forward along with the several hundred emails a day.   Some I really just want to tune out.  I will call it selective recovery,   Oh my eyes my eyes!!  The. Optic nerve is now connected to my hip.

One big mistake I made was to step on the scale.   I think after seeing that number I developed a migraine

I know  I know its temporary. It's swelling.  I said it was a mistake to get on the scale!!

The orthopedic stockings totally do not go with anything in my closet.  I tried to pair them up with my leopard flats and that didn't work

Another diversion I had was to read gossip pages. Hmm Jennifer Aniston's biggest worry is that she looks better than Angelina Jolie on her wedding day.  My biggest worry is that I will land on the toilet seat when I lower myself.   I guess we are worlds apart!!

The pills.  I needed to resort to color coding to keep track, how do the elderly master this feat???
 Oh wait I am the elderly!!

Despite my moaning and groaning I am glad I made the decision.  
Wait, who am I kidding   I really had no choice   It was this or learn how to crawl faster.

So there you have it.

Rebuilding my body to take on my next challenge.

Be well.




4 comments:

  1. Well, I thought I posted something a second ago but I don't see it. So, let me see if I remember what I said (talk about being elderly!!!...my mind is going!).
    I said that it doesn't sound pleasant but that you seem to have good humor. And, I told you not to think of the scale for a bit and I I sent healing vibes and I think I might have asked you to mail me some your drugs.....!
    Hang in there!
    Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on mending-- and FYI: I am getting mail from AARP and I am 44 years old. Age is just a number. PS: Stay off the scale for the next week. As you surely know, you have been pumped full of fluids for surgery and recovery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy this is behind you now. rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you on the other side of hip surgery! Be good to yourself!

    XO

    ReplyDelete